Dear YAT Family,
It’s been a crazy busy holidays with Holiday Programmes, Breakaway, the first RISE concert, Babysitting Training and Music ‘have a go’ lessons. If you were involved – you may see a face you recognise on our FACEBOOK page or the local newspaper or even on TVNZ’s Seven Sharp! Term 3 starts next week and here’s 3 quick updates:
1. Clubs – Term 3 Launch Week 1
All clubs start on Week 1. If you’ve not registered for the year, log into your Aimyplus account, and chose the programme you want for this term for your child. Alongside our generic weekly youth clubs, we also run ‘interest’ clubs. Feel free to try any of these clubs for free:
– RISE, a dancing & singing club for Years 5 – 8 on Mondays from 6pm – 7:30pm.
– Basketball Coaching sessions on Wednesday afternoons School Years 3 – 6 from 3:30 – 4:30pm
– Teen Basketball pick-up games from 4:45pm – 6:00pm on Wednesdays – free!
– Girls only Craft Club on Wednesdays for School Years 5 – 8 from 3:30pm – 5pm
– Our Senior OSCAR picks up Year 5 – 8 students from all New Brighton schools everyday, which is ideal for working or studying parents, or even if you need childcare just 1 day per week. You may also be eligible for government subsidies!
– If you have Under 5’s, feel free to try our Beach Tots Playgroups on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:30am – 11:30am.
– Sadly, our Dance Fitness Classes have come to an end.
2. Lost Property
We acquire a lot of clothes, bags and odd items after clubs, holiday programmes and camps. We will try to regularly put these items into the Lost Property Facebook Album, and items can be collected anytime from reception 9am – 5.30pm or at clubs. Items will be given to charity if not claimed within a month. Note: Clothes with names make it easier to find the owners!
3. FREE Counselling for Young People
There are a number of places you can get FREE Counselling for young people, such as 298 Youth Health in the city, and St John of God Hauora Trust on Pages Road who counsel 10 – 25 year olds on issues such as anxiety, depression, alcohol, drugs and eating disorders. Also Mike King’s Gumboot Friday Funding is available temporarily for counselling, and we can recommend some great local counsellors, including some of our own, you could use that funding for. GPs can also make referrals. Spread the word and lets get our young people help when they need it…
Did you get chance to read our Latest Newsletter?? (it takes 3 minutes with a hot drink!)
The YAT Team 🙂