Dear YAT Family,
Term 4 has started and there are only 62 days until Christmas! Here’s some updates for this month:
- Summer Holiday Programmes
We can now confirm that our January Holiday Programmes for Years 1 – 9 will be in the final two weeks of January, as most schools don’t start until February. Bookings will go LIVE at 4:00 pm on Friday 15th November.
20th – 24th January – Holiday Programme Week 1
27th – 31st January – Holiday Programme Week 2
There is no Breakaway in January, but there is a Breakaway for TEENAGERS ONLY from 18th – 20th December. Bookings will go LIVE at 4:00 pm on Friday 22nd November.
- 2. YAT 30th Birthday Celebrations!!!!!
We’ve just finished a big week of 30th birthday celebrations – we had a lot of cake at 10 Club Parties, a Friends of YAT BBQ, Celebration church services and our UpstreamNZ launch. Check out some of the celebration Photos HERE. You will also see we’ve been uploading lots of old photos onto our facebook page too – check them out at Facebook Albums.
Over the past week, $10,673 has been donated as Birthday Gifts towards our much needed replacement van – this is amazing!!! Thank you very much to all those who contributed! If anyone else would like to give a Birthday Gift, online donations can be made into: ANZ Bank Account – Youth Alive Trust: 117892-0066444-00 or eftpos donations at reception. If you do, please email us your details so we can send you a receipt and you can claim one third back!
- Family Fun Night – Thursday 31st October
Everyone is welcome to the annual Family Fun Night from 5:00pm – 7:30pm @ Grace Vineyard Beach Campus. For only a gold coin donation, join in a large variety of carnival games, bouncy castles, arts & crafts, games, food (to purchase) and live bands. We encourage ‘non-spooky’ dress-up’s because it’s a safe & fun alternative to Trick or Treating. There will be no Boys or Girls Club that night. More information at this Facebook Event.
- November Parent Seminars
We can really recommend upcoming seminars for Parents, ran by Doors of Hope Counselling Ltd, in New Brighton. The facilitator, Sandy Hitchens, already works in 3 of our local schools and is delivering both daytime and evening options on Tuesdays in November. The 5 topics are: 1) Understanding Anxiety, 2) Understanding Aggression, 3) Understand Children’s Emotions, 4) The Power of Connection, 5) Understanding Discipline. Just $50 for the series of $15 per session. Understand the tools that can help you do the toughest job in the world! Make a booking or enquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW UpstreamNZ Partnership
Youth Alive Trust has a new fundraising scheme, where YAT receives donations when people use approved businesses for their everyday purchases! This VIDEO explains how it works.
- E.g.: If you switch your electricity to YES Power (Canterbury based, and can beat most other rates) then YAT receives an average of $100 per year, at no extra cost to you! (ask them for a quote HERE!),
- E.g.: If you need you heat pump cleaned, and you use an Upstream approved business, then YAT receives a percentage of that cost, e.g.: 15%
Other services and products include travel, Real Estate, Home Loans, Coffee, Solar Energy, Bouncy Castles, Electrician, Painter & Plasterer, Photographers, Builders, Bins, Carpet, Insurance and more!!!
Next time you need a service or product, book your business through: www.upstreamnz.co.nz and ask them to donate their gift to Youth Alive Trust.
- Clubs – Term 4
All clubs is up and running. Term plans are on our website on the links below. If you have not booked for the year, you can book for Term 4 now at: https://yatclubs.aimyplus.com
- Mondays – Kitchen Klub: 3:30pm – 5pm for School Years 5 – 9
- Mondays – RISE: 6pm – 7:30pm for School Years 5 – 8
- Tuesdays – Beach Tots Playgroup: 9:30am – 11:30am for Under 5’s
- Tuesdays – 3×3 Basketball Tournament for School Years 5-6, 7-8 & 9-10. Started 22nd October.
- Wednesdays – Craft Club: 3:30pm – 5pm for School Years 5 – 8
- Wednesdays – Basketball Coaching: 3:30pm – 5pm for School Years 3 – 6
- Wednesdays – Basketball Teens Social: 4:45pm – 6:00pm
- Thursdays – Beach Tots Playgroup: 9:30am – 11:30am for Under 5’s
- Thursdays – Boys Club: 4:00pm – 5:30pm for School Years 1 – 6 (No New Boys, unless you’ve already enrolled in 2019)
- Thursdays – Girls Club: 4:00pm – 5:30pm for School Years 1 – 6 (No New Girls, unless you’ve already enrolled in 2019)
- Fridays – Rock Solid: 4:30 – 6:30pm for School Years 7 – 8
- Fridays – Surge: 7:00pm – 9:00pm for School Years 9 – 13
Go the All Blacks!
The YAT Team