Last week we hosted 50 of our friends, supporters and donors for an end of year Celebration Breakfast. Highlights (apart from the buffet breakfast) included:
- Stories from our youthworker Matt, particularly about the impact he’s having on a teenager he’s been mentoring for 5 years
- Stories from our counsellor, and the saddening fact that she counsels 5-6 primary school children every week who say they don’t want to go on living.
- Affirmation from South New Brighton School Principal and local Councillor David East.
- Our end of year survey results stated:
- 96% of young people said YAT programmes have been a fun & happy place to be
- 68% of young people said YAT programmes had given them more confidence
- 81% of young people said they had learnt New Skills at YAT Programmes
- 90% of young people said YAT had given them positive role models
- 65% of young people said YAT have supported them through hard times
Check out our 3 minute highlights video from 2017, created by one of our young people:
We are so grateful for the many who helped our 2017 budget shortfall, raising an extra $44,000 towards our $50,000 target. However we did still cut staffing hours and some programmes, and with rising costs and the need still strong, we’re asking if you’d also be willing to support us in 2018. In the past two weeks we’ve been declined $13,000 of expected funding for next year, yet we know we need to increase the amount of youthwork hours dedicated to Mentoring some of our more at-risk young people, and more hours are needed to develop our teenage leaders.
One off donations or regular donations can be made into our ANZ account, with your name and ‘Friend of YAT’ as a reference. Thank you again to everyone who already donates – you are making a difference in these young people’s lives!
Youth Alive Trust Bank Account: 117892-0066444-00
If you’d like to discuss any of this in more detail, or like to visit us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Wishing you and your family a restful & refreshing Christmas and summer break!