Kia Ora Whānau.
We hope you’re all making the most of this unexpected lockdown – everyone always said we needed more public holidays in Term 3!
Remember to look after yourself in lockdown by practicing the 5 Ways to Wellbeing:
- Give. Check-in your neighbour and ask if they need any help, offer to do some gardening, take around some baking, or pass on an old game you’re no longer playing with.
- Keep Learning. There’s a lot you can learn on YouTube; how to play the guitar, how to draw, how to sew, new recipes, new skate tricks, new ball skills, etc
- Be Active. Go for a walk, run, bike, scooter, skate, jump. Do a YouTube exercise class.
- Take Notice. Write a list of 30 things in your life that you’re grateful for. Email a teacher, youthworker, coach or family member and tell them what you’ve appreciated about them.
- Connect. Get virtual face to face contact on Zoom, Messenger or Facetime with a mate. Tell each other about favourite memories, make plans for after lockdown and share your ambitions.
If you are in need of some extra local support through YAT, email: email@example.com
If you’d like some counselling support call or text 1737.
If you’re feeling low but don’t really want to talk to anyone try, check out: www.sparx.org.nz